At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products to meet our clients’ business challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities
Softrams’ Government Health IT Solutions is seeking a Senior Data Scientist for a position in the Baltimore metro area. The selected candidate will support federal government clients working in a project team environment to conduct analytical research and develop analytical applications that address complex business concerns.
Other key responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Engage as a consultant advisor to public sector stakeholders on their business problems and provide technical guidance.
· Determine the nature of analytic problems and requirements, lead analytical research planning, evaluate methods and approaches, and offer recommendations for resolution.
· Apply statistical programming to prepare data, conduct modeling and data mining, and develop visualizations and reporting.
· Design and develop analytic processing and reporting applications and solutions to address business problems.
· Design and develop prototype and pilot solutions for machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
· Create data dissemination mechanisms /procedures that summarize data in an easy to understand displays and reports and/or otherwise communicate methods and findings.
· Provide technical support to other data scientists in use of statistical methods and software.
· Ph.D. in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics or related field and 7+ years of related experience, or a Master’s Degree and 9 years of related experience.
· Experience working in an analytical research environment in a business context, particularly with healthcare related data.
· Demonstrated expertise identifying the attributes or factors for modeling, preparing the data and relevant metrics, applying statistical modeling methods, validating model results, and preparing summary reports and/or interpretative results of findings.
DOCUMENTED experience in some or all of the following:
o Machine Learning, data mining, text analytics, and/or predictive modeling
o Python, R, Scala, and/or SAS.
o Building data visualizations using Python, Tableau, SAS, R, or similar software
o Data engineering using Python and SQL Queries to extract and transform large volumes of data into a format suitable for analysis
o Working in a team-based agile work environment
· Knowledge and experience with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS); Medicare, Medicaid, and other public health insurance programs; and administrative or health insurance claims data.
· Expertise in developing analytical processing, reporting and/or predictive modeling applications of medium to high technical complexity
· Strong problem-solving skills, leveraging domain knowledge, data science techniques, and information technology.
· Ability to respond to complex data requests that require data mining, data extraction, and query optimization.
· Expert use of SQL with big data relational databases (e.g., DB2, Teradata, Oracle, or MS SQL Server), and experience using query language in a Hadoop distributed file ecosystem.
· Ability to work in a team environment with business analysts, developers, subject matter experts and other data scientists to analyze business requirements and provide guidance on using appropriate analytical methodology and approaches.
· Experience coordinating analytic work and overseeing work of other data scientists as a team leader.
· Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and able to meet deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills and an effective technical writer.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain Public Trust Clearance.