Softrams LLC is seeking a Data Engineer who will be part of a collaborative and agile team that supports and builds modern, standards-based responsive web applications for mission-critical health IT solutions.
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Responsibilities and Required Qualifications:
· Analyze and understand complex business and engineering challenges.
· Experience in building end to end ETL/Data Preparation pipelines
· Experience in building pipelines using Python as primary language
· Experience in building data validation pipelines using Great Expectations or similar
· Experience in running and operating ETL/Data pipelines
· Experience in working with Data Lake architectures in AWS (well conversant with S3, Glue, EMR, LakeFormation etc)
· Experience working with Postgres
· Preferred work experience with Delta Lake/Lake House architecture
· Experience working with databases (DB2, MySQL,Teradata or any other equivalent) and good understanding of RDBMS concepts.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills and a desire to take initiative.
· Detail-oriented drive to investigate and dissect information with a strong focus on quality.
· Demonstrated skills in developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships.
· Developed/Executed Business logic using Python 2.7 or above.
· Worked on cloud computing environment using Amazon Web Services AWS for hosting the databases.
· Experience working with Healthcare data specifically Medicaid/Medicare is a huge plus.
· Experience with Snowflake will be a huge plus.
· BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience working in Agile or SAFe (scaled agile) is highly preferred.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HUBZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).