Sr./Lead People Operations Associate
Sr./Lead People Operations Associate
At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
We are seeking a Sr. People Operations Associate to design and oversee People Operations programs, processes, and policies related to an employee life cycle including, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, H.R. compliance, ADP WorkforceNow management (as required), employee handbook development and internal mobility.
Treat employees as internal customers with a goal of increasing employee satisfaction and strengthening Softrams culture.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive all People Operations processes and procedures efficiently related to the entire people journey; support day-to-day operational tasks and workflows, conduct regular review for optimization and scalability.
- Collaborate with other members of the People team to manage the People team help desk. Work with IT to design scalable People Ops help desk support processes and SLA's.
- Take full ownership to oversee the new hire on-boarding experience, working with People Operations Associate and People Admin; own all on-boarding and the employee off-boarding process to ensure they are followed.
- Oversee and execute Softrams current Performance review program on Lattice, Reward programs, Buddy program, Yearn to Learn (Training) Program and Tenure program.
- Oversee efficient benefits management administration as Softrams POC with benefits partners, like ADP and Benefits broker. Overseeing smooth COBRA 401k administration and HSA administration etc. along with People Admin team.
- Design, and implement company employee policies; develop a scalable system to ensure all policies/employee handbooks are updated and shared. Collaborate with Director People Operations to design and launch new people policies & programs, like Career Path and internal mobility program etc.
- Design and develop Softrams’ employee engagement strategies, running engagement surveys with Director, People Operations. Ideate and implement regular employee engagement activities, team building activities, company events & activities in collaboration with People Ops team.
- Work on Federal reporting compliances, like EEOC requirements, VETS reporting, FORM 5500, CMMI Audit work etc. along with People Admin.
- Building and strengthening Softrams People policy and procedures, e.g., Grievance policy, disciplinary policy and documentations
- Monitor and report on all key HR metrics on People Ops programs and compliances to Director, People Operations.
- Manage updates of all employee information changes and additions; ensure integrity and accuracy of People data along with People Admin team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication - Pro-actively communicates and regularly follows up. Articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication, the ability to deliver information in person, in writing, and in digital formats.
- Listening Skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Asking lots of follow up questions and getting genuinely curious about the stories, experiences, and viewpoints of others.
- Organization – Can maintain quality control and efficient management diverse systems. Ability to track data, plan, organize, schedule, and respond to changing needs in an efficient, productive manner.
- Operational Excellence – Embracing problem solving, teamwork, as the key to continuous improvement. Focus on customer needs and keeping employees positive and empowered.
- Teamwork – Working across multiple programs and teams cooperates with supervisor, peers and hiring teams to maintain workflow efficiency and a collaborative working experience for all.
- Customer Service Orientation – Exceeds customer expectations, delivering proactive support and going the extra mile to build connections and make every stage a great experience.
- Persistence – The ability to stay the course in times of difficulty; the ability to remain motivated to accomplish goals in the face of adversity or obstacles. Ability to derive clarity within ambiguous circumstances.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in an HR-focused field of study preferred and SHRM/PHR certification required.
- 5 years of experience as solid People Operations experience, preferably in a high growth tech environment required
- Documented proficiency in HR project/ program management - from project design to evaluation required
- Demonstrated success in meeting exceptionally high standards in a fast paced & hands-on environment.
- Demonstrated experience in owning and executing all employee lifecycle updates on ADP preferred
- Attention to detail; experience with people analytics, metrics and business consulting skills required
- Ability to diagnose problems with strategic thinking skills, as well as drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative
- Strong communication and collaborative skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Some of the benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leave, Maternity leave, Paternity leave
- Discretionary bonus
- The candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD when we return to the office(TBD).