People Operations Manager
People Operations Manager
We are seeking a People Operations Manager to design and oversee People Operations programs, processes, and policies related to an employee life cycle including, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, H.R. compliance, ADP WorkforceNow management (as required), employee handbook development and internal mobility. The goal will be to increase employee satisfaction and strengthening Softrams culture while bringing in efficiencies in people processes. This role may have team members reporting to them.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive all people operations processes and procedures efficiently related to the entire people journey; support day-to-day operational tasks and workflows, conduct regular review for optimization and scalability..
- Take full ownership to oversee the new hire on-boarding experience, working with People Operations Associate and People Admin Lead; own all on-boarding and the employee off-boarding processes to ensure they are followed.
- Oversee and execute Softrams' current performance review program on Lattice, Reward programs, Buddy program, Yearn to Learn (Training) Program and Tenure program.
- Oversee efficient benefits management administration as Softrams' POC with benefits partners, like ADP and benefits broker. Overseeing smooth COBRA, 401k administration and HSA administration etc. along with people admin team.
- Design, and implement company employee policies; ensure all policies/employee handbooks are updated and shared. Collaborate with Director People Operations to design and launch new people policies & programs, like career path and internal mobility program etc.
- Design and develop Softrams’ employee engagement strategies, running engagement surveys. Ideate and implement regular employee engagement and team building activities, company events & activities.
- Collaborate with other members of the people team to manage the People Helpdesk. Work with IT to design scalable People Ops helpdesk support processes. Manage and improve people team helpdesk SLA's.
- Oversee talent development initiatives, manage training calendar and programs, mandatory corporate trainings incl. Yearn to Learn initiatives.
- Work on Federal reporting compliances, like EEOC requirements, VETS reporting, FORM 5500, CMMI audit work etc.
- Building and strengthening Softrams People policy and procedures, e.g., grievance policy, disciplinary policy and documentations
- Monitor and report on all key HR metrics on People Ops programs and compliances to Director, People Operations.
- Manage updates of employee information changes and additions on ADP; ensure integrity and accuracy of people data.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication - Pro-actively communicates and regularly follows up. Articulates thoughts and expresses ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication, strong ability to deliver information in person, in writing, and in digital formats.
- Listening Skills - Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints. Asks lots of follow up questions and is genuinely curious about the stories, experiences, and viewpoints of others.
- Organization – Can maintain quality control and efficient management diverse systems. Ability to track data, plan, organize, schedule, and respond to changing needs in an efficient, productive manner.
- Operational Excellence – Embraces problem solving, teamwork, as the key to continuous improvement. Focuses on customer needs and keeping employees positive and empowered.
- Teamwork – Working across multiple programs and teams cooperates with supervisor, peers and hiring teams to maintain workflow efficiency and a collaborative working experience for all.
- Customer Service Orientation – Exceeds customer expectations, delivering proactive support and going the extra mile to build connections and make every stage a great experience.
- Persistence – The ability to stay the course in times of difficulty; the ability to remain motivated to accomplish goals in the face of adversity or obstacles. Ability to derive clarity within ambiguous circumstances.
Experience and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (or above) in an HR-focused field of study preferred and SHRM/PHR certification required.
- 5 years of experience as solid people operations experience, preferably in a high growth IT/tech environment required
- Documented proficiency in HR project/ program management - from project design to evaluation required
- Attention to detail; experience with people analytics, metrics and business consulting skills required
- Strong communication and collaborative skills to effectively support and connect with a diverse team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Benefits & Perks
- 65%-75% company sponsored incl. dependent premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
- Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
- Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
- Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
- The candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Woodlawn, MD when we return to the office (TBD).