At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
This role will be focused on interactive and virtual event support, including the development of visually compelling content. The position will assist in the execution of the overall communications strategy and implementation plan to inform, educate, engage, and develop. This includes efficiently creating and measuring the effectiveness of a variety of communications, to include; fact sheets, social media, PowerPoint presentations, videos, infographics, and topical articles.
• Facilitate and moderate meetings and workshops in a variety of formats including in-person and web-based.
• Produce, design, and edit content for videos, social media, public announcements, fact sheets, presentations, eLearning courses, and other associated media and materials.
• Create and revise content for articles in technical and general media publications, digital newsletters, and technology transfer platforms.
• Develop visually compelling summaries and briefings of technical and/or research reports for technical and lay audiences.
• Manage outreach for stakeholder engagement activities.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or a related discipline with 2+ years of full-time professional experience in marketing and communications software.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance.
• Must have valid driver’s license and ability to pass DMV background check
• Excellent verbal, written, and public speaking communication skills in English • Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Capable of transforming complicated subject matter and diverse source material into coherent, engaging, and accurate content for a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work independently and with small teams.
• Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability to thrive in highly flexible, rapidly changing, ambiguous work environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills, maturity, and tact.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple communications and outreach projects simultaneously, prioritizing demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
• Demonstrated experience with writing and content development for a variety of communications media, platforms, and publications.
• Proven knowledge of visual creation for an assortment of digital and print collateral.
• Practical experience with the planning for and execution of conferences and virtual events.
• Strong understanding of branding and integrated marketing best practices to implement a cohesive vision across projects.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Strong project management skills.
• Familiar with following different communication style guides.
• Experience with Adobe Captivate, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Tableau.
• Knowledge of web design and development.
• Ability to learn substance of research quickly.
• Intellectual curiosity and dedication to master vast and complex subjects.
• Skilled at cultivating and managing relationships.
• Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness.
• Familiar with software development in order to extrapolate progress / user experience and more.
• Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
• Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
• Vacation & Sick leaves
• Discretionary bonus
The candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD for 3 days per week and rest of the days can be work from home once Softrams physical offices open up for employees. At the moment this job qualifies for a 100% remote work.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).