Deputy Project Manager
At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
Post Covid, the candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD for 3 days per week and rest of the days can be work from home.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
- Be responsive, reliable, detail-oriented, and possess a strong motivation to build a productive relationship with internal and external team members.
- Must be able to multi-task, manage priorities and work independently with little direction
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts. Participate in meetings, workgroups, teleconferences, and Integrated Product Team (IPTs). Meetings may include problem resolution or scope discussions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Makes sound, well-informed and objective decisions relating to assigned project with a strong understanding of the impact and implications of decisions.
- Should manage multiple product releases up to 15 releases concurrently
- Develop and maintain project risk registries that quantify risk impacts and probabilities along with mitigation strategies
- Provide oral and written communications on status and issues for the PM; assist in preparation of customer technical and schedule status reports at monthly and weekly basis
- Ensure events and meetings are accurately documented and recorded, and resulting action items are assigned and tracked to completion
- Assist PM to ensure that the Statement of Work requirements and deliverables are accomplished to the requirements and delivered on time.
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/education, with 10 years of experience and last 3 years in project manager or deputy project manager role.
- Strong financial management and project planning skills
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Word, Excel and Power Point and latest collaborative tools, JIRA, Slack and confluence
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues, status reports, risk assessment, quality management, data validation, and interface with a highly technical engineering and management team
- Strong experience in building products from scratch including human centered design
- Strong data-oriented project experience in AWS cloud environment
- Should have experience in working in multi-vendor projects
- Should have at least 3 years of government healthcare project experience. Medicare Experience preferred.
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves
- Discretionary bonus