Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan region crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
GSA CASE Business Intelligence (BI) – FUSION- Lead Data Architect:
Softrams is seeking an experienced, hands-on Data Architect to join in service to our work at GSA. The incumbent is expected to set effective architectural standards and patterns that can be adopted by subsequent teams that grow and split off from the first.
The Lead Data Architect shall be the senior expert and will possess extensive knowledge and experience developing and applying analytic methodologies and principles. The Lead Data Architect will steer the application of analytic techniques and help define project objectives and strategic direction.
Mature experience in data analytics.
· Expert Knowledge of GSA’s internal source data systems to include but not limited to: FPDS, OMS, DLA and internal Data Sets that optimize the Customer Domain and Customer 360 view project.
This position will be part of our agile development team. The Data Architect will recommend database structures based on the data storage and retrieval needs of the business. The incumbent will play a major part in analyzing the existing data structure, evaluating the needs, and creating the data migration plan.
• Gain an understanding of the current data structure and content
• Contribute to the overall data migration strategy—including create the data migration plan
• Create draft conceptual and logical data models for the new system
• Create data monitoring models
• Analyze database implementation methods
• Develop database design and architecture documentation
• Help maintain the integrity and security of databases
• Develop creative solutions to problems
• Provide insight into the changing database storage and utilization requirements for the company and offer suggestions for solutions.
• Lean/Agile mindset and a propensity to help others understand the principles behind the agile practices
• Knowledge and experience with a large-scale agile implementation such as Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Scrum@Scale (SAS), or Large Scale Scrum (LeSS)
• Hands on experience leading large-scale data management, warehousing, or analytics projects.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database design and development, data warehousing, or data sciences.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills.
• Motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Experience with web service development and managing the data access tier
• Proficiency in SQL Server and Oracle database
• End-to-end vision and experience in data analysis, data migration tools, data modeling, data integration, data warehousing and database design
• Successful candidate is subject to a background investigation by the government and must be able to meet the requirements to hold a position of public trust
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree – Computer Science, Information Science, or other relevant discipline
• 5 years in Data Management, Data Warehousing, Database Administration and Data Access solutions
• 3 years proven experience in model-based database development and data access approach
• 3 years proven experience configuring and maintaining databases and data access tools
• 3 years of back-end development and/or database management, and/or designing, creating, developing, and managing data
• Ability to articulate clarity to design and architectural needs to business, developers, product owners, and product managers
• Ability to provide tools and direct developers in building tools to access the data layer
• Ability to automate and facilitate the continuity of environments for dev, test, demo, beta, and production
Public Trust Clearance:
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid or on a need basis.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).