Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
· Provides policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve our compliance with the federal government s Section 508 program.
· Be the go-to resource for compliance with Section 508 Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and ensure compliance, ease, efficiency, and effectiveness to use for specific audiences.
· Assess, analyze, and identify areas of concern for Section 508 non-compliance of products.
· Identifies, records, communicates and helps manage specific 508 defects to resolution.
· Develop compliance checklists, plans, and remediation actions as well as provide advice on mitigating or resolving issues. Participates in meetings as required.
· Develop and deliver training programs through briefings and reference guides to train internal teams in Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 compliance implementation in support of client deliverables.
· Support Agile scrum team in analysis of business requirements and non-functional requirements to identify user story acceptance test criteria for 508 compliance.
· Responsible for Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) submissions.
· Conduct test in mobile environments using mobile accessibility tools.
· Contribute to Requirements review and user story creation.
· Provide status reports and compliance reports.
· Any other tasks assigned by the project lead.
· Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology, computer science, MIS, or related discipline, or equivalent related experience.
· 5+ years in Information Technology and software Quality Assurance.
· Experience with independent 508 validation testing and submission of supplemental accessibility conformance report.
· 3+ years of experience working on Section 508 Compliance and Accessibility.
· 3+ years of experience using using PA11y, Tota11y and Wave plugin required.
· Development experience with a working knowledge of testing methodologies, automation tools and best practice.
· Works with developers to utilize Wave Chrome and Google accessibility plugins to ensure 508 issues are identified early in the development life cycle.
· Works with the SDLC Testing Manager and the Product Analysts to maintain Agile documentation and quality assurance activities (SOPS, QA processes, metrics, reporting) for the products.
· Hands on experience with assistive technology tools. Experience with JAWS, DNS, ZoomText, PAW, WAT, Ferret, Narrator, or Common Look (or other similar tools).
· Strong Knowledge of 508 testing procedures in an agile SCRUM environment.
· Expert level of understanding of 508 compliance validation and WCAG2.0 standards.
· Solid understanding of ARIA and Accessibility compliance validation practices.
· Experience working with Federal Government projects.
· Attention to detail with strong knowledge of planning and organizing test plans and test cases.
· Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products and IBM CLM will be highly desirable.
· Flexible, detail oriented, with excellent analytical, and communication skills.
· Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables.
508 Accessibility Testing:
· Web accessibility testing including: Semi-automated scans, manual reviews, keyboard only.
· Color sampling, and screen reader testing (using JAWS or similar tool).
· Investigate/research issues, determine impact, and provide solutions for improving accessibility for compliance.
· Implementing World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) WCAG specifications.
· Reading, understanding, and being the go-to resource for compliance with Laws and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
· Act as liaison with the client's Accessibility Office and support client testing process.
· Identifies, records, and helps manage specific 508 defects to resolution.
· Provides policy and process support to the entire project team to develop, maintain, and improve our compliance with the federal government's program.
Functional and Integration Testing:
· Develops and executes detailed manual or automated test scripts.
· Identifies and communicates any testing issues and/or risks to Developer and Test Lead
· Identifies and/or creates test data to support script execution.
· Identifies, records, and helps manage defects to resolution.
· Identifies Functional, Regression and Integration test case scenarios from user stories and acceptance criteria.
· Assists with the development of overall test plan and other test artifacts.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).