Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is seeking to hire a talented Senior Security Engineer/Analyst. The ideal candidate should be highly focused, detail oriented, and able to multitask in a fast-pace environment. If you are looking for challenges, problem solving, and working with the latest in technology then Softrams has a spot for you. This role is a 100% remote outside of the Woodlawn, MD and Leesburg, VA area, but preference will be given to candidates local to DC, VA and MD locations.
As a Softrams Security Engineer/Analyst you will be working on multiple projects facilitating security operations including Web Applications, Infrastructure Scanning / Auditing, Log Monitoring, and CDN Activity. Softrams utilizes industry standard tools and uses an Agile framework.
A passionate Security Engineer that supports transition and maintenance of required federal program security documentation and security processes. Responsible for Security Operations Monitoring and Management SOPs, vulnerability monitoring and reporting, and security risk tracking, assessment, and reporting. CISSP professional with experience on FedRamp applications and ATO processes required. AWS certification and security experience from multiple AWS projects preferred.
· Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
· Identify and define system security requirements.
· Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
· Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
· Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
· Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
· Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
· Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
· Video documentation of Proof of Concept or Vulnerability Exploitation.
· Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
· Experience with Kali, Linux and Windows Based Operating Systems.
· Experience in building and maintaining security systems
· Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
· Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
· Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
· Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
· Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
· Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
· Cloud Computing Platforms (AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE).
· Familiar with Burp Suite, ZAP, and OWASP.
· Writing scripts with Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
· AWS Security Certification
· Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
· Certified Ethical Hacker v8 (CEH)
· Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid in general. This role in Softrams security practice qualifies for 100% remote post-covid as well.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).