Softrams, an award-winning health IT company, is looking for a detail oriented UX/UI Designer with experience in building engaging, user-friendly web applications.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the health IT field and experience working with DevOps teams in an Agile environment to iteratively design and develop the product vision.
What you will do:
· Attend requirement sessions to elicit user requirements and discover pain points;
· Create static design mock-ups and clickable prototypes for customer review and usability tests;
· Analyze and map user journeys, task flows, and customer experiences
· Collaborate with product teams, stakeholders & end users to create design solutions to business challenges;
· Design and build design system components that are 508 compliant and brand consistent
What you need to succeed:
· Must be detail-oriented;
· Firm grasp of interaction design principles and human-centered design methods;
· Knowledge of, or interest in, healthcare and health IT, especially within the federal government space;
· Excellent presentation, interpersonal, client support, and collaboration skills;
· Must be able to work efficiently and effectively across Agile teams in supporting a variety of web application design needs
Your professional experience:
· Proficiency in UX design prototyping software such as Figma;
· Experience in creating flow and interactive prototypes
· Knowledge of human-centered design artifacts, including, customer journey maps,
· At least 1 year of professional work experience with a UX team on desktop web applications
· Bachelor’s degree in UX, HCI, cognitive psychology or related field;
· A portfolio showcasing your ability to follow a process in creating design solutions to customer challenges;
· Preference for those with experience around usability and web application design;
· Must have been a United States resident for at least 3 years
We at Softrams believe in agile, repeatable processes, modern technologies, intuitive user interfaces, simple solutions and user-centric services that work for our clients and their customers. We emphasize clean, high-quality coding; continuous integration & testing; and automated deployments in scalable hosting environments. We believe in “failing fast” and in transparency in our work. And we are committed to delivering continuous business value to our clients.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business providing information technology and consulting, and specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
This role is based in our Woodlawn, MD office with some remote flexibility.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone
certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply
to see if you reside in a HUBZone
§ Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
§ Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
§ Vacation & Sick leaves
§ Discretionary bonus