Front Desk Coordinator
Softrams is an award-winning healthcare technology company and one of the fastest growing digital services firms in the Washington Metropolitan region with teams distributed and working remotely throughout United States.
We rely on principles of Human Centered Design (HCD), modern cloud native architectures and agile practices to build participatory, responsive, civic digital services that are simple, intuitive, and empowering. We are proud to offer our services to Federal Agencies like Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) and US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and build impactful solutions and support innovation at Federal Agencies since 2015.
We are looking for a Front Desk Coordinator to coordinate and manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks.
What does a Front Desk Coordinator do?
As a Front Desk Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for both incoming and outgoing employees and customers. Duties include offering administrative support across the organization. You will welcome guests and greet people who visit the business. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. It’s your job to ensure the front desk welcomes guests positively, and executes all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards. Multitasking, stress management and flexibility are essential for this position.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings as necessary
- Arrange travel and accommodations, and prepare vouchers
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs
- Perform other clerical Front Desk Coordinator duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Proven work experience as a Front Desk Coordinator, Front Office Representative or similar role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g. fax machines and printers)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Excellent organizational skills
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Customer service attitude
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus