Softrams, an award-winning healthcare technology company, is looking for an experienced, ambitious, HCD/ HXD Lead with experience in building engaging, user-friendly web and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of the health IT field and experience working with DevOps teams to iteratively develop the product vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In this position, you will be working in a small, cross-functional team of Human-Centered Design practitioners to understand and synthesize customer needs, strategize improved service delivery, and create innovative solutions for public-sector clients. As a part of this team, you will also contribute to the culture, process, and visioning of our growing Human-Centered Design capability.
There are two disciplines toward which you will contribute:
Visual & Interaction Design:
• Participate in product ideation and conceptual development. Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative and market leads, project management, strategists, and hardware and software developers.
• Create visual designs that effectively communicate product function and brand identity, including the design and production of screen layouts, color palettes, typography, user interface elements, and icons
• Produce user requirements specifications, journey maps, service blueprints, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, interactive prototypes, and design specifications
• Manage the design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
• Plan, prioritize, coordinate, and conduct user requirements analysis, task analysis, conceptual modeling, information architecture design, interaction design, and usability testing
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented
• Participate in an iterative design process in close collaboration with stakeholders in the field. Test concepts and prototypes in the real world
• Define project scope and work with the program manager to respond proactively to rapidly changing environments
• Leverage expertise with communicating and envisioning service concepts across a variety of platforms on client-facing projects
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Comprehend generative and evaluative user research to easily weave multiple stakeholders into the project plan
• Assist with the delivery of projects in industries from healthcare and a variety of public sector clients
• Apply a mix of left- and right-brain thinking to guide the production of high-quality deliverables, including progress reports, journey maps, service blueprints, and interactive prototypes
• Leverage expertise from Softrams Digital team, including data scientists, UX and UI designers, and illustrators to enable the team to look at the problem from different points of view, translating human-centered insights into solutions to better people's lives
• 10+ years of professional experience
• 5+ years of experience in visual design and user interface design.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, XD) or Sketch and prototyping software like Figma or InVision.
• Please provide a portfolio of your work.
• Experience with working in cross-functional Agile teams to design large-scale digital experiences that meet business objectives
• Experience with mentoring and supervising team members
• Experience with user/customer experience, service design, design thinking, design research, business design, or business/user requirements
• Able to learn new tools and do self-guided work within a fast-paced environment
• Experience in working with digital technologies
• Experience working in a professional consulting environment
• BA or BS degree
• Experience working in federal healthcare industry a plus
• Ability to be inspiring, open-minded, hardworking, collaborative, and thoughtful
• Ability to effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
• Experience building visual frameworks including stakeholder / journey maps, service blueprints, personas, and data visualizations /infographics a plus
• Experience in project management a plus
• Experience in engaging and collaborating with developers a plus
• Experience facilitating ideation and strategy workshops with client and/or stakeholders
• Possession of excellent leadership skills to be used for consensus building and mentoring
• Experience with business modeling, research and analytics, and development a plus
We at Softrams believe in agile, repeatable processes, modern technologies, intuitive user interfaces, simple solutions and user-centric services that work for our clients and their customers. We emphasize clean, high-quality coding; continuous integration & testing; and automated deployments in scalable hosting environments. We believe in “failing fast” and in transparency in our work. And we are committed to delivering continuous business value to our clients.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business providing information technology and consulting, and specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly, usable.
This role is based in our Woodlawn, MD office with some remote flexibility. Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment, and post covid we expect our designers to be onsite at least 2-3 days a week.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone
certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply
. Visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/
to see if you reside in a HUBZone
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus