About the position
Softrams is looking for a strong Senior Data Modeler/ Database Administrator with expertise in data modeling and maintaining production, test and development databases. This role is part of a collaborative and agile team that supports and builds modern, standards-based responsive web application for mission-critical health IT solutions.
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan region crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Roles and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the maintenance of production, test and development databases.
· Brings solid understanding of database administration.
· Supports development team from a database design and development perspective.
· Responsible for database administration or engineering activities, ensure optimal performance on PostgreSQL environments.
· Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of PostgreSQL architecture.
· Ensure the long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall database systems planning of the organization.
· Perform many related database functions across one or more teams, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management.
· BS degree
· AWS certification
· 10+ years of Data Modeling and Database Administration experience
· Experience in AWS RDS Aurora PostgreSQL.
· Experience in Complex and high-volume data warehouse projects.
· Hands-on experience with Postgres database administration, performance tuning and production support in a high volume, customer-facing apps/environment.
· DataModeling Experience in ErWin
· Experience working in Agile/ Scrum large scale programs
· Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
· Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
· Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
· SAFe experience is a plus
· DB2 and Oracle Database engines
· Working experience with z/OS DB2 database.
· The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).