Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Agile Ceremony Facilitation –
• Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
• Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
• Maintain and generate information dashboards for the team(s)
• Collect and share metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
• Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
• Ensuring that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done
• Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprint
• Prepare for sprint planning with the product owner and the team
• Work with the team and Product Owner to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria
Team Support –
• Foster team collaboration and communication
• Encourage team to be proactive during all phases of the sprint cycle
• Work with the team to adapt to changes that yield better results
• Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
• Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization
• Works with team to create and update team working agreement, the definition of ready, and definition of done
• Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
• Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
• Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus
• Protect the team and minimize disruptions
• Coordinate with the configuration management analyst on environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
• Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
• Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
• Capture agile metrics as required for CMMI monitoring
Advice and Guidance –
• Coaches the team on agile principles with a goal of continuous improvement
• Able to observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve
• Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
• Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
• Lead the teams towards agile maturity
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
• BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
• Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 2+ years
• Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification
• Experience using agile project management tools, preferably JIRA and Confluence
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
• Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
• Technology experience software development
• Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
• Relevant understanding of CMMI Level 3 Concepts
• SAFe experience and certification is a plus
• Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
• Experience in any part of the software development lifecycle is a plus - as the developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
• Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the teams
•The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).