Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams has an immediate need for a Senior Data Engineer (Linux Bash/ Shell Scripting/ Python/ Java) with deep Linux and Hadoop experience. The qualified applicant will support a leading government systems integrator in Woodlawn, MD as part of a major Federal Healthcare fraud prevention systems contract. This is an opportunity to serve the public by contributing to preserving the integrity of the Government’s Medicare trust funds, The qualified applicant must be a detail-oriented self-starter, will be required to coordinate with internal and external support teams.
· A minimum of 8+ years of overall experience in data engineering and development experience
. 5+ years of progressively responsible professional experience using Linux with bash or python scripting
· Excellent working knowledge of SQL with 5+ years of experience
· Familiarity with Hadoop HDP or CDH or CDP with 3+ years of experience
· Proficiency in Java programming with 2+ years of development/support experience
. Must also be proficient in Python
. Skilled in performance analysis of Hadoop applications/jobs to determine bottlenecks and optimization
. Hands-on experience with Spark is desirable
. Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related subject
· Healthcare or CMS specific project experience
· Linux Admin is a Plus.
· AWS experience is a Plus.
· Hadoop administration experience is a plus.
· Snowflake Experience is a Plus.
· Databricks Experience is a Plus.
· AWS Glue experience is a Plus.
Public Trust Clearance
This role requires the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).