At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
The primary objective will be the delivery of all contractual requirements on cost and on schedule, while achieving all technical requirements and creating customer intimacy to support value creation strategies and actions. The individual will lead a cross-functional organization aligned to common program performance goals.
Program Managers at Softrams are responsible for leading all phases of the program life cycle from inception (proposal development) through startup, execution, and completion (contract closeout). Primary responsibilities are the management of cost, schedule, and technical performance of company programs or subsystems and include, but are not limited to:
· Cultivating customer relationships and intimacy to develop further opportunities within the customer community
· Developing new business opportunities through long term strategic planning, capture planning, and development of proposals and business plans
· Establishing a program organization that effectively addresses customer requirements and incorporates the necessary internal and external sub-organizations
· Leading and directing cross-functional Integrated Program Teams (IPT) to meet program cost, schedule and technical performance objectives
· Measuring and reporting program performance
· Delivering presentations to customers, executive management and other program stakeholders
· Participating in the negotiation of contracts, contract changes, specifications, operating budgets, schedule milestones, and key terms and conditions
· Establishing design concepts, criteria, and engineering efforts for product research, development, integration and test
· Creation, review and finalization of the program Statement of Work
· Identification, distribution, tracking, and completion of program requirements
· Establishment and management of the program and subordinate baselines
· Development and adherence to budget baselines utilizing Earned Value Management (EVM) or similar cost & schedule control methodologies and tools
· Identifying, allocating and managing program resources, including workforce planning
· Managing suppliers to meet program objectives
· Adherence to all internal processes, policies, and applicable industry standards
· Ensuring program team understands and adheres to contract scope, and manages change through control board activities
· Development and adherence to master plans and schedules
· Conducting thorough risk & opportunity management practices including identification, mitigation and realization
· Must have one of the following education/ work experience combination:
· Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related discipline with a minimum of 7 years' experience supporting Agile projects in U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
· Master's degree in business, finance, or a related discipline with a minimum of 5 years' experience supporting Agile projects in U.S. Government contracts and customers and/or project management in other industries
· Business Acumen: The ability to apply knowledge, insights and understanding of business and financial concepts, tools and processes to the benefit of program decisions, actions, and performance.
· Capture Management: Insight into customer technical and business (financial, political, cultural) requirements and the ability to shape customer expectations with a solution that satisfies their needs and is advantageous to the company.
· Program Growth: The ability to recognize and respond to customer needs in order to develop additional sales that support organizational objectives.
· Customer intimacy: Consistently makes time to seek and incorporate input from customers and understand their expectations. Demonstrates commitment and energy to meet customer needs. Builds strong relationships with strategic partners and key suppliers. Guides program team and support functions on how to take action to satisfy customer expectations.
· Proposal Management: The ability to define proposal strategy, lead proposal teams, analyze and shape RFPs, produce and deliver winning proposals, effectively track and incorporate Review Team comments and findings, and manage post-proposal submittals (orals, finding responses).
· U.S. Citizenship is a MUST because of the nature of the government project. Hired employee will go through DHS public trust clearance.
· DHS background: Program Managers with prior or current background handling a DHS (Department of Homeland Security) USCIS program/ project that revolves around application development/ DevOps work is preferred.
· Communications: The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program and stakeholder needs.
· Issue & Problem Resolution: The ability to identify and address program impacts through a systematic, proactive, approach to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors, and promptly resolves conflicts across all levels of the program.
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Work Location: Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment, but this role may likely and occasionally require the candidate to be onsite for customer meetings. Possibly at least once a month and a lot depends on whether our customer (DHS) opens the offices. Anyone in the DC/ MD/ VA who can handle such occasional collaboration in-person should apply if they feel suitable for the role.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).