Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
We are looking for an enthusiastic Associate Communications Specialist to manage our internal and external communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf.
Support with communications initiatives targeted at employees and other external stakeholders. Contribute to communications strategies, write, and update web content, prepare executive talking points and other executive communications, and write and edit blog posts, and social media announcements. Plan and execute periodic events and information, including identifying the topics, handling hybrid event logistics, preparing presentation materials, and marketing the event externally. Perform daily tasks with a creative approach and professional demeanor.
· Experience in copywriting and editing
· Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
· Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
· Working knowledge of MS Office; photo and video-editing software is an asset
· Experience in a professional work environment, including internships
· Ability to interact with clients and collaborate with team members
· BSc/BA in English, Public Relations, Communications, or relevant field
· Experience in basic web design and content production is a plus
· Experience with strategic communications
· Knowledge of content management systems, including WordPress and/or basic HTML
· Possession of excellent verbal and written communications
· Develop effective corporate communication strategies
· Manage internal communications
· Draft content (e.g., Blogs, new website page) for company website
· Draft social media content and track metrics across channels
· Organize initiatives and plan events or conferences
· Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
· Foster relationships with advocates and key persons
· Collaborate with staff to produce copy for blogs and articles
· Assist in communication of strategies or messages from senior leadership
Public Trust Clearance
This role may require the hired candidate to go through public clearance. A minimum of 3 years of stay in the U.S. within the last 5 years is a must to be eligible to qualify for public trust clearance sponsorship.
Benefits and Perks
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance.
· 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HUBZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).