Product Architect/ Technical Full-Stack Lead
At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
The Product Architect is expected to be a hands-on technical expert, capable of directly implementing proof of concept for solutions they design for customer requirements. Your insights from these customer engagements will influence future product releases. You will be required to present challenges, solutions, and guidance to audiences including senior customer technical and business decision makers, executives, and internal engineering staff and leadership.
The candidate should possess strong software engineering and architectural knowledge building cloud solutions. As a member of the engineering team, you will help sprint teams understand and prioritize customer requirements and feedback for the implementation and improvement of product features. We are looking for a person who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and lean in with the developers.
To be successful in this challenging position, you will need exceptional cross-group collaboration, strategic thinking, and inter-personal skills. The candidate needs to possess excellent communication and presentation skills as well as have the ability to effectively interface with employees and customers at all levels. As a thought leader, the candidate will also need to have a deep understanding of the best practices and strategies for web application development in the AWS cloud.
This role is based out of Baltimore MD.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze and understand complex business and engineering challenges, identify solutions to improve products, services and operations.
- Understand user needs and design end-to-end user experience by practical, reliable and efficient solutions.
- Demonstrate clear proficiency in architecture (web app, microservices based APIs, data stores) and designing solutions using modern, scalable and opensource (Angular/ Vue/ React etc for frontend and NodeJS lambda for APIs) based solutions and demonstrate experience in explaining complex solutions in simple and intuitive manner to different stakeholders.
- Be able to see big picture of an enterprise, connected systems, interfaces, downstream impacts when designing solutions.
- Collaborate with multiple small teams to design, develop and deliver product features incremental and iterative manner.
- Be a champion for modern application development practices and mentor team members towards them.
- Experience in an Agile environment, leading agile sprint teams and using agile collaboration tools (Jira, confluence, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose business problems, and support to come up with product roadmaps and timelines for product implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and business for business operations; demonstrated ability to understand user needs for system and interfaces and come up with requirement documentation. Able to perform end-to-end business process analysis to identify gaps and come up with improvements.
- Verifiable experience with architecting application, systems or products using agile & iterative practices
- Must be able to exercise critical and rational thinking to identify alternate solution, strengths & weakness of each options, documenting and discussing them with stakeholders to inform decisions.
- Must have demonstrated experience in documenting complex technical and business problems in a simple & intuitive manner that others can understand.
- Must have experience in architecting and hands-on implementation experience with modern technologies stack. Node.js, Angular, AWS, React, Go, Python, MySQL, AWS, PostgreSQL
- Must show appetite for active learning, embracing change and mentoring others in organization.
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leaves