At Softrams, we take pride in building & delivering human centered usable digital services for our users and stakeholders. We build small self-reliant teams and empower them to design, develop and deliver products with emphasizing end to end user experience.
The Scrum Master/ Agile Coach will work as a key change agent and servant leader for multiple delivery teams to advance the understanding, adoption and maturation of agile principles and practices across the development team as well as across the organization. The coach will provide structured framework and role-based training on Scrum, Kanban, and SAFe, as well as ad-hoc topic-based workshops to provide a comprehensive foundation of knowledge for teams in varying stages within their agile journey.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
Roles & Responsibilities
- Key Responsibilities:
- Agile Ceremony Facilitation –
- Facilitate daily stand-ups, sprint planning, refinement, sprint review, retrospectives, and other related team and intra-team meetings
- Participate in sprint demonstrations and scrum of scrums
- Maintain and generate information dashboards for the team(s)
- Collect and share metrics with the team, suggest new metrics, and drive improvement using metrics
- Planning –
- Ensuring that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by everyone on the team
- Ensuring that the technical team has a clear understanding of Definition of Done
- Drive stories to Ready state in preparation for the next quarter and upcoming sprint
- Prepare for sprint planning with the product owner and the team
- Work with the team and Product Owner to maintain a healthy backlog and plan upcoming releases and assist with drafting acceptance criteria
- Team Support –
- Foster team collaboration and communication
- Encourage team to be proactive during all phases of the sprint cycle
- Work with the team to adapt to changes that yield better results
- Encourage an experimental and fail-fast mindset
- Remove impediments to the team’s ability to perform by working closely with the team and stakeholders, including product owners, management, other teams, and the support organization
- Works with team to create and update team working agreement, the definition of ready, and definition of done
- Communicate the status of progress and impediments to internal and external stakeholders
- Facilitate cross-team coordination, tracking and following up with external dependencies
- Act as a buffer between external distractions and the team helping the team to keep focus
- Protect the team and minimize disruptions
- Coordinate with the configuration management analyst on environment setups & maintenance, code deployments, and production releases
- Builds high-performing teams by helping the team manage interpersonal conflicts, challenges, and opportunities for growth. Build trust among team members.
- Encourages brain-storming and creative thinking. Encourages the team to be confident and courageous, thinking outside the box
- Capture agile metrics as required for CMMI monitoring
- Advice and Guidance –
- Coaches the team on agile principles with a goal of continuous improvement
- Able to observe team dynamics, recognize strengths and weaknesses of individual team member's contributions, and coach them to improve
- Create a fun sharing and learning environment, experimenting with various ideas to improve delivery including pair-programming and cross-functional training
- Promote teamwork to achieve sprint goals
- Lead the teams towards agile maturity
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, across diverse systems and groups
- BS degree and 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Experience applying scrum and growing teams as a fulltime Scrum Master for 2+ years
- Experience-affecting change in organizations working towards agile adoption
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or similar agile project management certification
- Experience using agile project management tools, preferably JIRA and Confluence
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Manages time extremely well, can quickly sense when an issue needs to be discussed or triaged
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
- Technology experience software development
- Experience working in with multi-disciplinary development teams
- Relevant understanding of CMMI Level 3 Concepts
- SAFe experience is a plus
- Experience as a Scrum Master at an organization that is committed to using agile as a core methodology to deliver business value
- Experience in any part of the software development lifecycle is a plus - as the developer, tester, analyst, product manager, project/program manager, etc.
- Experience with applying test automation, test-driven development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment to achieve built-in quality by the teams
- The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Some of the benefits:
- Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
- Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
- Vacation & Sick leave, Maternity leave, Paternity leave
- Discretionary bonus
- The candidate must be able to work onsite in our office in Baltimore, MD for a minimum of 3 days per week and rest of the days can be remote.