Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Java/Kafka Integration Architect
Candidate is a highly motivated, creative, and versatile individual with experience designing large-scale interactive platforms with over 10 + years of experience leading large development teams over 50 developers strong. Deep experience with SOA, is fluent in JAVA, Kafka and/or other higher-level languages. Significant experience translating functional objectives into detailed architectural models and specifications. The candidate must carry a thorough understanding of applicable technologies with a good understanding and experience with the full development stack.
Software Architect Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with stakeholder, senior management, and cross functional teams in a matrix organization earning the respect and support of all team members
- Working with Front-end architects and Back-end Development Managers and Leads to design, (and often code) performant and scalable Solutions
- Implementing large scale microservices for an enterprise level agency /company
- Implementing and leading Kafka utilization for a large scale enterprise.
- Working with Development, Product/Program Management, and Test Leadership to plan and deliver on the entire product lifecycle ensuring tradeoffs are evaluated, deadlines are met, to deliver high software quality and security
- Predictive Analytics/Machine Learning
- NoSQL Databases (Structured/Unstructured using Streams, File Systems, Databases, and Distributed File Stores)
- SQL Databases (MySQL and SQL Server preferred)
- Data Integration and Data Virtualization
- Experience with AWS using Containerization
- Experience with Infrastructure, Hardware, Operating Systems, and security
- Strong foundation in Test-driven development including Unit, Application and Integration testing
- Lead complex programming tasks and perform code reviews
- Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- As part of company’s growth efforts, employee from time to time participates in coding and design challenges to build working prototypes
Work Permit: Based on the nature of the work and potential clearance that may be required, this job does not qualify for work permit sponsorship. We are looking for U.S. Citizens only.
· 65%-75% company sponsored (including dependents) premiums towards Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 100% employer sponsored STD, LTD & Life Insurance (min $100K). Voluntary Life insurance option available.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary Bonus, Spot awards, Gifts, Tenure based rewards.
· Company sponsored role based certifications/trainings.
· Monthly Doordash DashPass subscription.
· Group discounts via LifeMart ADP
Softrams has offices in Leesburg, VA as Headquarters and in Woodlawn MD. There may be occasional travel based on the customer (federal) need for collaboration, but otherwise this role qualifies for a 100% remote.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Visit http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/ to see if you reside in a HUBZone area.