Application Security Engineer/Analyst
Softrams is seeking a talented Application Security Engineer/Analyst, the ideal candidate should be highly focused, detail oriented, and able to multitask in a high-speed environment. If you are looking for challenges, problem solving, and working with the latest in technology then Softrams has a spot for you. This role is a 100% remote outside of the Woodlawn, MD and Leesburg, VA area.
As a Softrams Security Engineer/Analyst you will be working on multiple projects facilitating security operations including Web Applications, Infrastructure Scanning / Auditing, Log Monitoring, and CDN Activity. Softrams utilizes industry standard tools and uses an Agile framework.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Video documentation of Proof of Concept or Vulnerability Exploitation.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer.
- Experience with Kali, Linux and Windows Based Operating Systems.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Cloud Computing Platforms (AWS, AZURE, GOOGLE).
- Familiar with Burp Suite, ZAP, and OWASP.
- Writing scripts with Python, Bash, and PowerShell.
- AWS Security Certification
- Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- Certified Ethical Hacker v8 (CEH)
- Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA)