Senior DevSecOps Engineer (Platform One)
Softrams is one of the fastest growing Digital Services firm in the Washington Metropolitan regions crafting human centered, empowering digital services with focus on HX, AI, Cloud, DevOps and Cyber Security. Offices in Leesburg VA, Baltimore MD and Plano TX and teams across USA.
1. Recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Technology (2021)
2. INC 5000, Fastest growing companies in America (2nd year in a row)
3. Washington Business Journal Top 75 Fastest Growing Companies in Greater Washington area
4. 2020 NXT UP - Top Federal Emerging Technology and consulting firms
5. 2020 Inaugural DC Metro’s Most Successful Companies
6. 2020 Washington Technology Fast 50
7. NVTC Tech 100 (2019, 2020)
Softrams is looking for several Senior DevSecOps Engineers with strong Windows/ Linux and AWS experience who will be part of a collaborative and agile team that supports and delivers virtual infrastructure for mission-critical DoD’s Platform One. For the right candidate this can be a 100% remote role.
Ideal Candidate is/ has:
· Passionate about the concept of infrastructure as code and leverages modern tools to define, build and manage virtual infrastructure in the cloud.
· Excellent hands-on experience with AWS.
· Solid understanding of Windows systems (2012 R2+) and Linux Systems (CentOS, RedHat), hosts, networks, security, applications and proficiency in shell scripting.
· Solid understanding and proven experience with configuration management tools like Ansible and Jenkins, Terraform, Kubernetes.
· Believes in automation for consistent, scalable and fool-proof delivery of infrastructure and applications.
· Support production issues/high severity issues on weekends or off hours as required.
· Seven (7) years or more experience in these relevant technologies;
· CNCF-Kubernetes on Cloud or On-Prem, understanding of IaC (Infrastructure as Code)
· Experience in using Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes providing DevSecOps implementation using Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Istio/service mesh, Ansible and ArgoCD in an AWS or Azure Cloud
· Experience with developing, testing, and maintaining containerized applications
· Working knowledge of source version control, build/release tools and methodologies, and CI/CD pipelines
· Working knowledge of Software Build process
· Passion for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines for a large enterprise that consists of hundreds of applications
· Possess a strong "security first" mindset
· Must have an active TS/SCI security clearance
· Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, or Kanban frameworks is a plus
· CompTIA Sec +CE, or other equivalent IAT II certification
· Experience with Chaos Engineering
· 4 or more years of experience working with agile tools like Jira, Git, and Confluence.
· Demonstrated ability come up with System designs, architecture, process flows and Concept of Operations for large complex systems
· Please provide any code in Github or such that you have worked on personally or in the open-source community.
· Be able to demonstrate proficiency with configuration management tools such as Ansible, during the interview process.
· Should have a AWS certification or be ready to obtain a certification within 60 days from the date of joining.
Must have an active TS SCI clearance
· Health, Dental, Vision and STD, LTD, Life Insurance & Voluntary Life insurance.
· Retirement 401(k) Plan with employer matching. Immediate vesting.
· Vacation & Sick leaves
· Discretionary bonus
Softrams is a 100% remote at the moment and we expect our employees to be onsite 2-3 times a week post-covid. Must be able to work on-site in Woodlawn, MD when onsite work resumes.
Softrams is a Maryland & Virginia-based small business information technology, consulting, and solutions provider specializing in emerging technologies for UX/UI, Mobile Apps, DevOps, Big Data Analytics, Data Science, and Cyber Security. We offer innovative technology implementations and build customer-centric services that are simple, intuitive, scalable, efficient and most importantly usable.
Softrams is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nation origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
As a HUBZone certified business, we strongly encourage candidates who reside in a HUBZone area to apply. Click on the link here to check if you are in the HubZone area (http://map.sba.gov/hubzone/maps/).